Tropical Shrimp/Yogurt Dip
By Amy Larson
Gigi’s Crunchy Tropical Shrimp
2 c. sweetened coconut, shredded
1 c. white bread crumbs
2 large egg whites
2 lbs. shrimp, tails on and peeled
1 ½ tsp. salt
1 Tbsp. black pepper
1 Tbsp. curry
½ Tbsp. powdered garlic
• Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
• Grind coconut in food processor to a finer texture. In separate bowl, add bread crumbs, seasonings, and set aside.
• Beat egg whites, then immerse shrimp in egg, followed by a coating of seasoning mixture.
• Place shrimp on a pan coated with cooking spray, then bake for 10 minutes.
NOTE: My fun friend GiGi Rena has her fingers in a little bit of everything. She writes about the coffee, wine, and book industries, and is the CEO of a media company. She says she’s a “wanna-be” photographer and parent of two spoiled English bulldogs. I know her as a person who has good taste in so many things, especially food.
Yogurt Curry Dip
Contributed by Jane Deal, Idaho Dairy Council
1/2 c. plain Greek yogurt
2 Tbsp. mayonnaise
1 tsp. curry powder
1 tsp. fresh lemon juice
1/4 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. Chinese Five Spice seasoning (sold in some supermarkets and in Asian grocery stores)
1/8 tsp. garlic powder
pinch cayenne pepper
freshly ground black pepper
• Whisk all ingredients together in a small mixing bowl until well combined.
• Serve with sliced apples or other fresh fruit, and/or fresh vegetables like carrots and celery.
These recipes are brought to you by THE IDAHO DAIRY COUNCIL.